Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 23, 2012

SkyWatch Friday: A little bit of Everything


It is amazing how much the weather changes back and forth this time of the year, and with it the sky changes.

skywatfDSCN6280
All of my posts this week have seemed to have change as a theme.
skywatchfgDSCN6288
When looking through my shots for sky watch it seemed that change was reflected enormously in the sky.
skywatfrdcDSCN6312
It has felt like winter one day and spring the next for much of this month.
skywatchfbDSCN6250
I like the changes although I'm hoping it won't get too warm too fast.
skywatfcDSCN6399
I've already had one day when a few ants started coming inside but they got hit by the cold and disappeared quickly.
skywatfcDSCN6420
I admit to killing the few ants that came inside.
skwycrdDSCN6546
I like almost all living creatures but some I don't welcome in my house.
skywatftDSCN6650
I think the shot below looks like the aliens are landing.
skywatcfmDSCN6764
The shots in this post were taken from last Thursday through this Tuesday.
skywatfclDSCN6818
I love winter trees and have been shooting them a lot before they start getting new growth.
skywatcftcDSCN6828
I liked the moody sky with the evergreens below.
skywatfcDSCN6868
I like the mix of blue and white in the shot below.
skywatftDSCN6869
I heard the titmouse in the tree below before I saw it.
skywatfbDSCN6916
The dogwood below is starting to show signs of buds.
skywatchftDSCN6921
Click for the home of SkyWatch Friday.

21 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Lovely pictures -- changes in the sky (and elsewhere) keep life interesting! Agree about the ants -- "bugs" are a constant presence to battle here where they never freeze.

Anonymous said...

i sweep the ants away :( from my house into the trash bin.

it's been a constantly clear blue skies around here. way too nice for february.

Rajesh said...

Amazing shots of great variety. I liked the first shot of flying birds.

Joyful said...

Lovely photos. I really like the top ones where the sun is trying to shine through the clouds.

annalarssonphotography said...

Lovley series, Carver!

Sylvia K said...

What an amazing series of skies, Carver! I love the birds!! It is incredible how they can change and how quickly they can change! We've seen a lot of that here in Seattle lately!! Your captures are fantastic as always! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

Though the sky looks gloomy but there is still blue here in MI it's all gray.

SWF

Steffi said...

Really beautiful set of photos for SWF!Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend!

Mildred said...

Wonderful series! My fave is the second one with the beautiful birds!
Thanks for sharing;o)

***
Hope you are having a fabulous week****

nonizamboni said...

A lovely 'travel log' of the sky in your area--and the birds! Spring can't be too far behind.

Unknown said...

Great sequence!! Love the first. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Rambling Woods said...

I view it as a cranky sky..but same thing..I thought of you as a friend of my husband's was diagnosed with melanoma on his toe and in all the tests, they found cancer in his lungs which is being treated with radiation and chemo...it's a difficult time for them...but he has sought out help from support groups which is good especially for a man...

Indrani said...

The capture of flying birds is most delightful to me.

eyesonme2world said...

peaceful friday~

lina@women said...

Really love your sky pics, Carver!
The flying birds are awesome :)

Gillian Olson said...

Lovely skies Carver and such a variety. The titmouse and the cardinal are outstanding too.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Nice shots.

Regards and best wishes

Anna said...

Beautiful serie of skies and I have enjoyed it!
Greetings from Holland,
Anna :-))

Gattina said...

I love the picture with the birds !

Serline said...

Shoo ants...and welcome the birds up in the sky. Have a great weekend!

Ramakrishnan said...

Looks like your camera shutter was busy clicking this week. These are some amazingly beautiful shots.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019