Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 20, 2012

SkyWatch Friday: Storms abound

We've had so many storms lately that I am questioning the wisdom of having so many wind chimes outside my bedroom.
skywatfDSCN6380
I love wind chimes but at times having 6 blowing like crazy is starting to influence my crazy dreams.
skywfrDSCN6363
I am surprised that I had so many sky shots this week.
skywfDSCN6360
There were only a few days when the sun came out at all.
skywfDSCN6355
In spite of many days where the sky was completely white and it rained cats and dogs, there were a couple of days with some blue in between the storms.
skywatfDSCN6359
It seems like I've been saying the same thing on my sky watch posts for ages.
skywatfDSCN6332
We've had so much rain that I am beginning to want it to dry out some.
skywatfDSCN6330
I'm careful what I wish for since we've had some bad droughts in past years.
skywatfdDSCN6313
I'd rather have too much rain as opposed to too little rain.
skywfrDSCN6254
I like the light in some of these shots which create a satin texture in the sky.
skywfDSCN6266
At times it looks like someone is drawing on the sky with chalk.
skywfDSCN6262
I am getting to where any blue in the sky makes my heart sing.
skywfDSCN6259
I like the clouds against the blue but we've had so much solid gray that the blue is especially nice.
skywfDSCN6256
I wonder if the winter will be as wet as the summer has been.
skywatfrDSCN6265
I hope it's not quite as stormy this fall because that will knock off the leaves faster as they change colors.
skywafDSCN6267

22 comments:

Indrani said...

Weather is truly unpredictable! I can only imagine so many chimes swaying together.

Judy said...

I miss my wind chimes that I had hanging on our porch in Illinois. I love that top shot.

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of rain - amazing shot!

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely cloudy skies, Carver. I like wind chimes too. You do seem to have quite a few. :))

Photo Cache said...

You have beautiful blue skies despite all the rainy weather you've been getting.

genie said...

I love how your skies switch back and forth from the gray to the bright blue...though lots more of the pretty blues. We have had torrential rains here, too. Thank heavens it did not rain over the weekend after we drove to Asheville for Bud to run the half marathon. It was a gorgeous weekend. genie

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

I admire your next, beautiful picture.
Art, great.
Great.
I love the blue sky!
I send greetings.

Sivinden said...

Beautiful changing skies!

Unknown said...

They're all stunning skies!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Steffi said...

What a beautiful set of different skies!Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful views of cloudy blue sky.

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful variety of skies for the day, Carver! I can just imagine the music!! Have a great weekend!

Anne said...

All this blue sky!!! but my eyes fount the first one, stunning beautiful :-)

I was looking at it for a long time, and then I started to think about Scarlett O'Hara, Rhett Butler and the beautiful family plantation.. and of course, kissing in the rain.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I have mixed feelings about wind chimes...but no mixed feelings at all about your lovely skies. I hope for a slow long Fall for you and for us here in Oregon -- I just don't want it to turn into gray winter while we're still here (especially if it rains so hard the leaves fall before they turn).

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love those fine lines in the sky.

y Skywatch
Have a great weekend.

Judy said...

I can't imagine having 6 windchimes...
I like the way you described the sky as blue satin! I had not thought of the comparison! So true!!

Whispering Thoughts said...

The storms and rain have been doing rounds every other moment here too. It has already started getting a little cold. I love the blue in the skies of your pictures. I get to see it so rarely these days.

ZielonaMila said...

Such views always enrapture, I am pleased that I can admire such photographs. I am greeting

Anonymous said...

Wonderful series. I like the dark and dramatic skies as well as the blue ones with the tiny clouds.
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend.

Gillian Olson said...

That looks like quite a storm, I bet when all the chimes get going it can make quite a loud "tune". Love the wispy clouds.

A Colorful World said...

I LOVE that first photo! But the sky shots are also wonderful!

http://www.p-ter.net said...

You give varied weather in this beautiful picture.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019