Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Our World Tuesday: Mixed Bag

Last week when I went to work in Durham, NC I took some photographs.
ourwordDSCN2706
The tower above is across the street from one of the buildings the company I work for owns.
ourworldDSCN2712
During a break I photographed some murals on buildings near by.
ourworldDSCN2714
I wish they hadn't covered up a clean line of site to some of the murals.
ourworldDSCN2716
I wonder what the artists think if they walk by and see how hard it is to see their whole work.
ourworldDSCN2719
I guess that's the risk you take with this kind of art.
ourworlDSCN2718
The entrance to the old Durham Bulls Athletic Park (where the movie Bull Durham was shot) is below.
ourworlDSCN2726
There is something appealing to me about disused chimney stacks.
ourowrlDSCN2741
I took the rest of the shots this Sunday at Shelley Lake in Raleigh, NC where I live.
ourowlDSCN2878
It was chilly but a pretty day for a walk.
ourowrDSCN2865
The great blue heron was at one of its favorite perches.
ourworldDSCN2839
The cormorants below were also on their favorite perches at the lake.
ourworlDSCN2855
The gulls were very active.
ourworlDSCN2866
I was pretty far away when I took the next shot and until I zoomed in, I thought the lady was a big bird.
ourworlDSCN2885

17 comments:

Judy said...

Wow, that building looks so tall from that angle. Love the windows on the bottom of it. These are all great shots!

Anonymous said...

j'aime bien ces peintures,fresques

Cezar and Léia said...

People there love colors, the paintings are beautiful!Great set of images!I love the angle of your first composition!
Léia

Penelope Notes said...

Lol … you are never wrong when it comes to seeing “big bird”. The words always bring to mind the character in a kid’s program. I, too, see vehicles and other things in front of wall murals and wonder how the artist would feel seeing their work obscured in this way. Sometimes cars move and it’s okay but when it is stationary and not so pretty that seems to be another matter.

Anonymous said...

Lovely murals and some great bird photos!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Carver, stunning images.
Ducks, geese, ducks, herons beautifully photographed.
I send greetings.
Lucia

Photo Cache said...

the murals are gorgeous.

i love the movie bull durham, is the team still there and they still play?

Sylvia K said...

Great captures for the day, Carver! Love the TALL building -- terrific composition!! I also love the murals! Hope you have a great week! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Great smoke stack and murals. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

eileeninmd said...

Neat angle, looking up at the tower and sky! And I love the smoke stack. The murals are pretty, a shame they are covered up some. Cool shots, Carver!

Fun60 said...

Those murals are excellent. I love the way they can transform a building.

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Magnificent shots ~ So beautiful the wild life and the art work ~

Carol of: (A Creative Harbor) ^_^ ~ artmusedog and Carol on blogger

Indrani said...

I like those huge paintings! Imagine the effort that must have gone in to making them.

Carver said...

Thanks for visiting and to answer the questions, the Durham Bulls are still a baseball team but they have a new modern stadium and the old one is used as a community ball field for non professionals.

Karen said...

No Carver, Big Bird is yellow ;)
Great shots, Love the heron!

Jackie said...

Carver you always get the best darn shots. I love the building shot. You did a great job with that perspective.

Oh my I so need yet even a bigger zoom lens. I need money first though!

Great shots as usual Carver! I always enjoy visiting here!

Unknown said...

Carver, oh dear oh dear! These are super stunning! I love it to bits and I am so jealous! ;)

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019