Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Our World Tuesday: Last week of January ending with the beginning of February

Monday was a beautiful day and very moderate temperature wise.
ourworldDSCN1442
The NC Art Museum Park is near Rex hospital where I visited a friend.
ourworldDSCN1462
I walked at the museum park after my hospital visit, before returning home to work.
ourworldDSCN1470
I like the mix of open and woodland walks.
ourworldDSCN1504
Tuesday was very cold and the red-bellied wood pecker below was puffed out while pecking my tree.
ourworldDSCN1694
It started snowing at dusk and snowed off and on through much of the night.
ourworldDSCN1866
 Wednesday was quite cold and beautiful in a wintry way.
ourworldDSCN1918
 Two male cardinals watched me putting food out for them and the other birds.
ourworldDSCN1986
 I went on a walk while the sun was trying to come out.
ourworldDSCN2034
 I have been hoping for a pretty snow and enjoyed myself.
ourworldDSCN2110
 I didn't see anyone on the park trail but the footprints showed me others had been on the path before me.
ourworldDSCN2184
 Back home my St. Francis statue was wearing a white cap and stole.
ourworldDSCN2278
I photographed the little junco on my deck.
ourworldDSCN2323
 Thursday was a beautiful day but still cold.
ourworldDSCN2630
 I enjoyed the blue sky and snow on my walk.
ourworldDSCN2701
 The male cardinal was on my deck below.
ourworldDSCN2832
Friday was much warmer and the finch below was enjoying a bath in warm water I put into the bird bath after I had removed the ice.
orworldDSCN2930
 Although warmer, I had more trouble when I walked Friday because the melting ice in footprints was very slippery.
ourworldDSCN2905
 We had a stunning sunset Friday night.
ourworldDSCN3047
 Saturday I walked at Shelley Lake and the woodland part of the walk was still pretty frozen.
ourworldDSCN3136
 I was surprised how much snow was left here because most of the snow and ice had melted in the neighborhood.
ourworldDSCN3137
 The runner jogging in shorts below demonstrates how much warmer it was on Saturday.
ourworldDSCN3161
 I was surprised to see a bald eagle at the lake because they are mostly found at larger lakes. However, when I got home I googled and other people have spotted bald eagles at Shelley Lake over the past few years.
ourworldDSCN3182
 The great blue heron below kept flying to different spots.
ourworldDSCN3200
 The Canadian Geese were looking for food at the bottom of the dam.
ourworldDSCN3221
I was glad I got some shots of the frozen lake because the ice had melted by Sunday when it was even warmer.
ourworldDSCN3222
 The contrast between what it was like on the sunny side of the trail and the woodland part was enormous.
ourworldDSCN3224
 As you can see below once I was back in the woodland part there was still snow remaining.
ourworldDSCN3277
I also walked Sunday once the snow and ice had melted but this is such a long post I'll leave it here. Click for the home of Our World Tuesday.

9 comments:

Penelope Postcards said...

Too many wonderful pictures to focus on just one. However, it was nice to see a little finch sink into the warm water you so thoughtfully provided. How clever to turn a birdbath into a mini hot tub for birds in the winter!

eileeninmd said...

Carver, lovely photos from your walk. I had to laugh at the one bird expression in the bath. The sunset is gorgeous. I hope you have a happy week ahead!

artmusedog and carol mckenna said...

Wow! What a magnificent photo walk ~ love them all ~ favorite is the bird in the bath, juncos on deck and the cardinals are always so colorful in winter ~ thanks, Carver ~

carol,xxx
www.acreativeharbor.com

Photo Cache said...

what a busy week weather wise.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely set of shots - looks cold yet gorgeous. Love that bald eagle!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful views from your place, very scenic.

(◔‿◔) said...

Wow, thats a great shot from nature in differend kinds. Thanks 4 sharing in the project.
Happy evening, Wieczora (◔‿◔)| My photoblog

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That finch in the bird bath has the funniest expression on its face.

Ni de Aqui, Ni de Alla said...

Great pictures! The runner and the finch taking a bath were thinking it was summer time! :)

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019