Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Our World and Nature Notes: Wrapping up Summer




I didn't take any photographs this week so I decided to pick shots from June, July and August that I haven't posted on my blog.

00natworldDSCN3211


I think it's funny how the ducks appear to be joining all the walkers and joggers but going in the opposite direction.

natworldDSCN3251


I'm grateful that this was a very mild summer.

00ourworldDSCN3647


The juvenile robin below posed for me.

00natworldDSCN3966


I have been surprised at how many deer have found their way to Shelley Lake's woods. I never used to see them there in the past but I think as the developments continue to gobble up more and more of what used to be rural and forest areas, the deer are forced to find suburban parks to move to.

00natworldDSCN4017b


Last but not least is one of this year's fox babies who was grown up enough by late August to come up on my deck without its parents. Usually when I see the foxes, the whole family comes to my deck for water.

natworworldDSCN5092


Click here for nature notes and here for Our World Tuesday.

19 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are so lucky to have foxes in your neighborhood. This is such a wonderful picture. You did have a great summer! I hope Autumn is equally mild (not too cold instead of not too hot). And I hope it lasts a long time.

Indrani said...

Great captures of 2014 summer. :)
I enjoyed seeing thee.

Cezar and Léia said...

Wonderful images, the deer is adorable!
Wishing you a nice Monday!
hugs
Léia

Photo Cache said...

beautiful shots. summer is indeed on its way out, even though our weekend was suffocatingly hot here.

Hannah said...

The detail on the deer and fox are great, that must be enjoyable seeing the foxes, are they compatible with cats? I would like to have something to eat voles and rabbits in my yard. There are coyotes in the distance but I think they rarely come into my yard.

maryaustria said...

Wonderful photos! I love the young fox!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful set of images.

Sylvia K said...

So much beauty and I do love the birds and critters!! Wonderful captures for the day, Carver!! Thanks for sharing the fun!!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful collection of summer time photos. I love the deer and fox.. The coneflowers are pretty too. Have a happy new week!

Fun60 said...

Quite a range of wildlife near where you live.

EG CameraGirl said...

WOW! A juvenile fox! Very cool, Carver. I guess those ducks have minds of their own.

carol l mckenna said...

What a marvelous collection of photography of nature's beauty in its many forms ~

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Adam Jones said...

A great set of pictures.

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely post for these memes Carver.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots - love the fox and those delicate deer ears.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Welcome Carver!
Beautiful pictures. Roe and fox delighted my heart.
Greetings.

Rambling Woods said...

Oh I love the ducks..Yes we have more and more deer being crowded into smaller and smaller places..Michelle

Jenn Jilks said...

Excellent capture of the fox!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

YTSL said...

Is summer over where you are, Carver? It's still hot here in Hong Kong. In any case, I do love your critter snaps. ;)

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019