Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Clouds, flowers and Raindrops

This past week was hot and humid with some beautiful clouds and rain followed by a much cooler sunny weekend.

blogDSCN3652

One of my favorite things about butterfly weeds is how they hold on to raindrops.

blogDSCN3655

My rose of sharon is growing up through the trees.

blogDSCN3665

I was looking up at the trees when I first noticed the blooms.

blogDSCN3668

I have different varieties that haven't bloomed yet and are still much lower in shrubs.

blogDSCN3669

This weekend had some wispy clouds.

blogDSCN3677

I've enjoyed over the past 10 to 15 years watching this garden grow and expand.

blogDSCN3678

The house is around the corner from me and they started with a small trip around the edge of the property.

blogDSCN3682

Each year they added another strip until the majority of the yard is a beautiful perennial border.

blogDSCN3684

On one side of the house they have a mix of flowers and a vegetable garden.

blogDSCN3690

After finishing a father's day brunch I made for Bill we walked around the block and it was nice seeing how well the garden was doing this year.

blogDSCN3696

Nice to have a cool enough day to walk.

5 comments:

Lady Fi said...

I love the profusion of flowers!

Photo Cache said...

I always dreamed of living in a neigborhood that's full of trees and very shady and neighbors with front yards bursting in summer blooms.

Hope the summer is pleasant so far.

DeniseinVA said...

This is a beautiful garden Carver, flowers and sky are gorgeous too.

YTSL said...

It's indeed nice when the day's cool enough to walk. The past few days over here in Hong Kong have had maximum temperatures of around 33-34 degrees Celsius. I still walk about in the heat but really do prefer temperatures lower than 30 degrees Celsius!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

just getting caught up on missed posts and thankful you're on my Feedly list. I love that Rose of Sharon so much. Enjoyed the neighborhood walk with you!

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019